Esports Coaching Training and Certification Now Available in NASEF x Skillshot AcademySep 29, 2022
(Atlanta, GA – September 29, 2022) – The North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) and Skillshot Media have just released an Esports Coaching Certification program. This valuable online training program offers easy access to quality training on how to develop impactful scholastic esports programs in and out of school.
As the pioneer of the concept and practice of scholastic esports, NASEF has developed a wealth of experience ranging from foundational first steps to system-wide implementation and growth. NASEF is a master at leveraging the fun gaming and esports environment as a powerful magnet to capture youth interest, uncovering a vision of STEAM career pathways for youth as they develop social-emotional skills to help them thrive.
As a leader in the esports industry and workforce development for that industry, Skillshot brings first-hand employer knowledge around the set of softskills and hard skills students need to develop to succeed across the numerous career pathways beyond playing the game itself.
The Coaching Academy will take a brand-new coach through the key facets of developing a successful scholastic esports program. Experienced coaches looking to level-up their programs will benefit from the insights shared by other coaches and esports leaders.
“Scholastic esports is growing exponentially as educators recognize its power in connecting play and learning,” said Kevin Brown, chief academic officer at NASEF. “NASEF has helped thousands of individuals and organizations build scholastic esports programs. Naturally, similar questions arise time and again, and those key themes are addressed in the Academy.”
“A great esports program and coach transforms youth screen time into personal development and skill development,” said Todd Harris, CEO of Skillshot. “I’m thrilled that the NASEF and Skillshot combined experience in working with hundreds of clubs has now distilled the best coaching practices into this Academy offering”
NASEF will offer Academy participants weekly/monthly livestreams led by notable esports educators Kevin Brown, Jorrel Batac, and members of NASEF’s esteemed Scholastic Fellows program. They will discuss popular topics and address questions. This blend of asynchronous and live touchpoints will thoroughly support program developers.
Chris Aviles, founder of Garden State Esports, said, “"NASEF and Skillshot have put together a practical, useful certification course that is grounded in practice. No matter where you are on your esports journey, you will leave with a bunch of ideas and best practices you can immediately implement into your esports community."
The Coaching Academy is presented online with 10 self-paced modules. Topics include:
- Module 1: Esports 101 - The Current State of a Growing Industry
- Module 2: Roles and Responsibilities of an Esports Coach
- Module 3: How to Build an Esports Team
- Module 4: Essential Equipment for Managing a Team
- Module 5: Learning the Game
- Module 6: Establishing a Culture of Good Sportsmanship
- Module 7: Planning a Live Esports Competition
- Module 8: Maximizing the Potential of Your Esports Athletes
- Module 9: Leveling Up Your Esports Organization and Your Capabilities as a Coach
- Module 10 & 11: Final Assessment & Course Wrap-Up
Featuring Professionals, Educators, and Subject-Matter Experts:
- Todd Harris, CEO Skillshot & Ghost Gaming, Chair NASEF & Atlanta Esports Alliance
- Nabil Ismail, President of Skillshot, CTO NASEF
- Gerald Solomon, Executive Director NASEF / Education Commissioner IESF
- Jorrel Batac, Chief Operating Officer / Director, Scholastic Fellow Program NASEF
- Kevin Brown, Chief Academic Officer / Director of Global Education & Training NASEF
- Yoichi Hosoi-san, Executive Vice President, JHSEF / Board of Directors NASEF
- Bethany Pyles, Director of Coaching & Student Development NASEF / Head of Coaching C9TG
- D'mitri Shan, Event Producer Skillshot
- Kat De Shields-Moon, Public Relations Skillshot
- Dr. Joey Gawrysiak, Director of Esports Shenandoah University
- Peter "sLainy" Sarvari, SMITE Coach Ghost Gaming
- Austen Roberts, Executive Producer Skillshot
- Mark Deppe, Director UCI Esports
- Dr. Chris "Doc" Haskell, Head Coach and Director Varsity Esports Boise State University
“The value of the NASEF x Skillshot Coaching Academy is immediately clear. Completing the Academy will launch coaches to the next level as they offer scholastic esports programs. We immediately purchased 3,000 copies of the Academy for use in our member esports organizations located in 129 countries around the world,” said Boban Totavski, president of the International Esports Federation. “There is a great need to help educators learn how to successfully develop and implement esports programs. The small investment in this Academy will help educators and programs take a huge leap ahead in effectiveness.”
Each of the 10 lessons includes an assessment to ensure coaches have absorbed the material. Upon successful completion of the Academy, educators will earn a certificate and a digital badge that will highlight their status as a Certified NASEF Coach. With NASEF’s stellar reputation, these awards will be coveted and applauded by peers and the educator community.
- Access all 10 lessons online, plus live support from NASEF’s educator experts, for six full months for only $499. Districts, organizations, and others who would like to buy more than 10 licenses should contact NASEF for group discounts.
- For a limited time, any NASEF member club or affiliate receives a 40 percent discount, paying just $299! Joining NASEF is free, takes less than two minutes, and includes many other benefits. Email [email protected] for the discount access code.
- Access the NASEF x Skillshot Academy online here.
The North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) is on a mission to provide opportunities for all students to use esports as a platform to acquire STEM/STEAM-based skills and critical communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills needed to thrive in work and in life. NASEF operates under the umbrella of the World Wide Scholastic Esports Foundation (WWSEF). Find NASEF at NASEF.org and on Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About Skillshot Media
Skillshot connects leading brands, engaged fans, and positive social impact. We provide a turnkey esports solution for leading competitive titles, including online and offline tournament organization, industry-leading esports production, active community management, authentic brand integration, and consulting for partners. Skillshot has more than five years of deep esports experience - hosting thousands of global competitors, paying out millions in tournament prizing, and serving more than one billion esports views to date. www.skillshot.com
Media contact: Claire LaBeaux [email protected]