2023 Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft Contest
The 2023 Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Contest is a STEAM competition where students from grades 3-12 compete with machines that they have imagined, designed in Minecraft Education Edition, and created in a fun and competitive forum.
The competitions encourage teamwork and out-of-the-box problem-solving in a fresh learning environment and level playing field. As always, the digital challenge mirrors the analog event. This year's challenge is to use Minecraft to build a wacky machine that will Build a Lunch.
Through this event, youth will learn to weave Theme, Humor, and Storytelling into their creations. As they build their contraptions, they also need to incorporate technical skills and the engineering design process, making this a true STEAM project. There will be three divisions students can compete in; Junior (8-13 years) Senior (13-18 years) and @Home (all ages, adults can register as pat of the team). Plus, this year’s Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Contest is being offered in Minecraft Education Edition FREE for all teams!
Registration for this event is closed.
2023 Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft Contest Winners
Congratulations to this year's winners! Watch their Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft videos below!
Junior Division Winners
Senior Division Winners
Watch our past live streams for this season
Resources for Educators
- Team Guide
- Google form to submit your Big Build
- Powerpoint Information for Big Build
- Custom Minecraft World Bedrock Edition
- Custom Minecraft World Education Edition
- Custom Minecraft World Java Edition
- Watch our previous streams about the Engineering Design Process
- Watch our previous streams on how to build the six simple machines
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for Upcoming Streams