Sample Job Description
- Write and edit articles, approximately two per week, to be featured on an online blog.
- Research current events in esports to uncover topics for future articles.
- Conduct interviews, both online and in person, to obtain relevant insights from participants in and organizers of important events.
- Coordinate with marketing and social media departments to ensure articles are published on time and align with company brand.
- Review and edit volunteer submissions.
- Perform miscellaneous editing and copywriting tasks across various departments; examples include assisting with social media posts and reviewing written applications for grants and awards
- Write a minimum of 1 news article per day (350-500 words) and 2 feature articles (1000 words) per week. Daily output depends on the ratio of news.
- Examples of feature articles are editorials, interviews, patch breakdowns, etc.
- Must be available on weekends
- Excellent written English.
- Superb communication skills; asks insightful questions and develops compelling written content based on interview responses.
- Works well when given creative license; takes simple concepts and uses them to create rich, story-driven content.
- Revitalize - Twitter personality and erstwhile editor for OpTic
- Darren Rovell - Sports analyst and reporter with large online following
- Jacob “Brayall” Wolf - Esports journalist for ESPN
- Technical Writer for Gaming Engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Social Media Manager
- Esports Influencer