Yoichi Hosoi Joins NASEF Board, Adding Valuable International Perspective from NASEF Japan
Massive youth interest in esports leveraged for exploration of career pathways around the world through NASEF
ATLANTA, GA (September 14, 2021) – NASEF is pleased to announce the addition of Yoichi Hosoi to its Board of Directors. NASEF is the worldwide leader in leveraging esports for meaningful education, and Hosoi will have a significant advisory role as a Board member.
Hosoi has an extensive background in business leadership, including roles as Director and President at several companies including NVIDIA Inc., Juniper Networks K.K., Huawei Japan K.K., and Genesys Japan K.K. He is currently a Consultant & Advisor at K.K. Thirdwave and Executive Vice President, Japan High School Esports Federation (JHSEF).
Hosoi will focus on NASEF Japan, which was established in 2020, executing a master plan for a deep dive into the Japanese Educational arena by introducing the values of esports to high schools in Japan together with NASEF and JHSEF. JHSEF has already obtained Special support from Ministry of Education for a National High School Esports Championship. With 150 current esports clubs, NASEF Japan is working towards its goal to sign up 500 High Schools by March 2022.
NASEF has gained international recognition for its esports programs that blend play and learning. Research from the University of California, Irvine, documents that students in NASEF’s programs experience increased STEM interest and learning as they develop valuable social-emotional skills.
In addition to the collaboration in Japan, NASEF is also partnering with the International Esports Federation (IESF) for worldwide growth of scholastic esports. Gerald Solomon, NASEF’s executive director, was recently appointed Chair of IESF’s World Esports Education Commission, with IESF exclusively utilizing NASEF’s curriculum and programs to enable educators around the world to leverage esports as a tool for education and career preparation.
“Mr. Hosoi is a valuable addition to the NASEF Board of Directors,” said Solomon. “We’re looking forward to integrating his perspective as we create and execute plans regarding implementation of scholastic esports programs for students in North America, Japan, and around the world.”
“I am extremely delighted to be a part of the NASEF Board of Directors. I will also focus on widening scholastic esports more into Japan and Asia Pacific Region together with NASEF professionals,” said Hosoi.
About JHSEF and NASEF Japan
JHSEF (Japan High School Esports Federation) was established in November 2019 by K.K. Thirdwave and Mainichi News Paper. JHSEF and NASEF Japan are working together to broaden esports into high schools in Japan by maximizing this agreement between JHSEF and NASEF. NASEF JAPAN (Mr. Akihiro Matsubara, Chairman) was established in November 2020 and has already started actively evangelizing about the advantage of scholastic esports in Japanese societies. It is introducing esports into the academic arena through seminars, esports events, and more.
The North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) is on a mission to provide opportunities for all students to use esports as a platform to acquire STEM/STEAM-based skills and critical communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills needed to thrive in work and in life. NASEF and its partner HSEL are collaborating to create the leading global esports marketplace and community for play and learning. Find NASEF here and on Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
NASEF-JAPAN hosts the very popular battle royal game – Apex Legends – with high school students in Japan. This is first trial for NASEF JAPAN as casual style scrim matches. All participants must be over 17 years old to meet the Japanese regulations. The final match is scheduled on March 12.
NASEF JAPAN will hold a first symposium – NASEF JAPAN International Esports Summit 2021 - on March 20
NASEF JAPAN will hold “NASEF JAPAN International Esports Summit 2021” on March 20. We have invited Dr. Constance Steinkuehler from NASEF, Mr. Kasahara CLARK High School, Mr. Komatsu Anan Technical High School, and other guest speakers to discuss the “Esports x Education” theme. In Japan, we are facing a lot of issues in a tough situation; we are seriously thinking about how to make a new future for high school students by using “Esports.”
- Esports status and NASEF JAPAN’s activities – Hiro Naito
- Case studies of next generation scholastic education and opportunities in Japan – Dr. Constance Steinkuehler
- Panel discussion – Mr. Kasakura, Mr. Komatsu, Mr. Ohura, Mr. Matsubara
- Introduction of NASEF US – Yoshi Tsuboyama
- Case study of scholastic esports at Seisa International high school – Mr. Ohashi
- English education by esports – Mr. Makabe, Mr. Murata
- Future of NASEF JAPAN – Aki Matsubara
NASEF and the Japan High School Esports Federation announce an exciting collaboration!
NASEF will now collaborate with the Japan High School Esports Federation (JHSEF) to expand the international environment for high school students through esports and to engage in activities that foster the internationality of the next generation.
Through this agreement, the organizations will work together to promote esports as an educational platform for high school students in the U.S. and Japan, establish goals and commitments related to the development of educational knowledge and technology through esports, and create a cooperative system to support such activities effectively and efficiently.
- For high school students in the U.S. and Japan, education programs such as exchange study, overseas training, and short-term training designed primarily for esports will be provided.
- Seminars and symposiums related to esports and education for the next generation will be held in the U.S. and Japan.
- Educators between the U.S. and Japan will exchange information, visit each other's academic institutions, and conduct joint research.
The Federation was established to provide a wide range of local and global communication opportunities to learn Esports as a new tool for the next generation of education, as well as an environment for acquiring related knowledge and experience.
Disclaimer: Use of Private Information
The Japan High School Esports Federation recognizes the importance of personal information acquired in business and strives to protect it appropriately based on the following guidelines:
- The acquired personal information will not be disclosed to a third party without obtaining the consent of the person, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
- Strictly store and manage the acquired personal information, and take appropriate security measures to protect it against leakage to the outside and leakage, destruction, and alteration due to fraud.
- Within the scope of the purpose of use, the acquired personal information may be entrusted to a subcontractor that has signed a confidentiality agreement for personal information.
- If you wish to correct or delete your personal information, please contact the Japan High School Esports Federation.
To contact NASEF, please email: [email protected].
To contact JHSEF, please email: [email protected]