STARTING A NASEF AFFILIATE
Do you share a passion for esports and learning for students? Think your community would benefit from the programs, curricula and events that NASEF offers? Then you may want to start a NASEF Affiliate in your area and join our Federation across the world.
ABOUT THE NASEF AFFILIATE PROGRAM
A NASEF Affiliate is a nonprofit organization or government entity (county office of education, department of education, etc.) that serves a specific area and fulfills NASEF’s mission locally or regionally. They want to engage in NASEF and non-NASEF programs and activities with students and clubs throughout their region. Each affiliate is independent and responsible for its own staffing, budgeting, fundraising, and operations.
Affiliates are formed by an organization who wants to support esports and learning for students in their communities. Having identified regional needs and resources, they determined that NASEF programs, curricula, and events would benefit their areas.
The Network of Academic and Scholastic Esports Federations (NASEF) Affiliate Program is designed to:
- Create a framework to optimize NASEF’s support for a more regional and/or centralized geographic grouping of NASEF Clubs where such a grouping is interested in greater autonomy than just engaging in NASEF sponsored or initiated activities.
- Support grassroots efforts in the scholastic esports community across the world;
- Create regional “umbrella” organizations that strengthen relationships among educators, school and local universities and colleges, parents, students, and business;
- Allow for and encourage more in-depth, customized esports and learning opportunities for students enrolled in middle and high schools across the world; and
- Encourage collaboration and use of strengths of each organization to advance learning and esports across the world.
There is no cost to participate as an Affiliate. NASEF reserves the right to approve all Affiliates to ensure there are no conflicts of interest and to ensure adherence to NASEF’s mission, code of conduct and operational integrity.