Healthy Gaming: Caring For Your Mind and Body
NASEF emphasizes the importance of maintaining a healthy mind and body for all of our participants. Regardless of whether a student is interested in finance, design, or is competing against other clubs - healthy habits are essential.
An example of some of the healthy gaming habits we want to emphasize are:
- Limiting time to give your eyes a rest from the screen.
- Speaking to a trusted person when you're feeling stressed out or overwhelmed with life.
- Staying well-hydrated with water instead of drinks loaded with sugar.
- Regularly assess your emotions, and taking a break if you begin to lose control.
- Stretching at regular intervals to keep your body moving.
We regularly consult with health professionals to stay up-to-date with best practices for our scholastic esports clubs.
NASEF's Healthy Gaming Blog Posts
The following posts were written by Haylesh Patel, MSc - Esports Exercise Physiologist for UCI Esports