Scholastic Fellow Program
NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program
The NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program provides a professional learning community, mentorship, tools, resources and instructional coaching for educators interested in connecting esports and learning in schools and out-of-school time / community-based organizations across the globe. The application window for the 2020-2021 is now closed. We had over 100+ educators applying from across the United States, Mexico, United Kingdom, South Africa, and Israel. Find out more information about the innovative educators who were selected for the 2020-2021 cohort below.
"Without a clear path ahead, educators who are courageous enough to implement scholastic esports need more than just digital platforms, lesson plans and resources – they need a community of support to join them on this exciting adventure of integrating esports into education." Read more on District Administration's site!
2020-21 Scholastic Fellows
Looking to Apply in the future?
NASEF invites educators interested in connecting academics and gaming through the implementation of NASEF’s State-approved Integrated Curriculum in their classrooms or after-school/out-of-school time programs to apply to become a Scholastic Fellow. All educators working in middle school, high school and community-based organizations are encouraged to apply.
Interested in becoming a Scholastic Fellow for 2021-22? Complete this brief interest form to receive a notification when the next application cycle opens.
1-2 in-person meetings (Spring 2021 TBD).
Monthly virtual meetings (1 hour, October 2020 - June 2021).
Development of and use of Flipgrid and Discord Communities.
Opportunities to collaborate with your NASEF Scholastic Community colleagues on organizing, modifying, and analyzing lesson plans, planning events, and more.
Exposure to specially curated content to support curriculum implementation.
Opportunities for peer review and publication of your lesson plans.
- One-on-one and group coaching with NASEF’s Scholastic Mentors.
- One-on-one coaching with NASEF’s Instructional Coach.
- Support in lesson plan organization and modification.
- Access to NASEF curricula for schools and out-of-school time /
- Contribute to the NASEF Community Curriculum Library.
Opportunities to collaborate with a leading researcher in gaming and education from the University of California Irvine Connected Learning Lab in a multi-disciplinary study exploring various aspects of how Scholastic Esports integrates into education.
- Support for NASEF club activation at your school or out-of-school time / community-based organization.
- Host an esports and learning showcase at your school or out-of-school time / community-based organization.
- Be showcased at the NASEF Community of Practice - Fall and Spring Convenings.
- Travel stipends (with approval) to speak at local, regional, and state conferences and professional events.
- Receive a verified digital NASEF Scholastic Fellow Badge.
- Recognition on NASEF website / blog / social media.
- Potential invitation to live NASEF events.
- Receive a special NASEF Scholastic Fellow polo and other NASEF swag.
- Be a guest speaker on one of NASEF’s webinars and / or videos.
- Collaborate on hosting live streams on the NASEF Twitch channel.
- And much more opportunities to showcase your innovative approach to connecting learning and esports.
Learn about our 2019-20 Scholastic Fellows:
Want to learn more about the Scholastic Fellow Program? Tune into our webinar for the 2020-21 application cycle: