Scholastic Fellow Program
NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program
The NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program provides a professional learning community, mentorship, tools, resources and instructional coaching for educators interested in connecting esports and learning in schools and out-of-school time / community-based organizations across the globe.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021-22 ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED
We are no longer receiving applications for the NASEF Scholastic Fellow / Mentor Program. We had over 100+ Applications from 20+ countries around the globe and look forward to an exciting year! Find out more information about our community below.
"Without a clear path ahead, educators who are courageous enough to implement scholastic esports need more than just digital platforms, lesson plans and resources – they need a community of support to join them on this exciting adventure of integrating esports into education." Read more on District Administration's site!
NASEF invites educators interested in connecting academics and gaming through the implementation of NASEF’s State-approved Integrated Curriculum in their classrooms or after-school/out-of-school time programs to apply to become a Scholastic Fellow. All educators working in middle school, high school and community-based organizations are encouraged to apply.
- Monthly virtual meetings (1 hour, October 2021 - June 2022).
- Development of and use of Flipgrid and Discord Communities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with your NASEF Scholastic Community colleagues on organizing, modifying, and analyzing lesson plans, planning events, and more.
- Exposure to specially curated content to support curriculum implementation.
- Opportunities for peer review and publication of your lesson plans.
- One-on-one and group coaching with NASEF’s Scholastic Mentors.
- One-on-one coaching with NASEF’s Instructional Coach.
- Support in lesson plan organization and modification.
- Access to NASEF curricula for schools and out-of-school time /
- Contribute to the NASEF Community Curriculum Library.
- Support for NASEF club activation at your school or out-of-school time / community-based organization.
- Host an esports and learning showcase at your school or out-of-school time / community-based organization.
- Support in speaking at local, regional and state conferences and professional events.
- Receive a verified digital NASEF Scholastic Fellow Badge.
- Recognition on NASEF website / blog / social media.
- Potential invitation to live NASEF events.
- Receive a special NASEF Scholastic Fellow polo and other NASEF swag.
- Be a guest speaker on one of NASEF’s webinars and / or videos.
- Collaborate on hosting live streams on the NASEF Twitch channel.
- And much more opportunities to showcase your innovative approach to connecting learning and esports.
2021-2022 NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program (Information Session) Video
Learn about our 2019-20 Scholastic Fellows: