Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft Contest
2022 Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft Contest
The 2022 Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Minecraft Contest is a STEAM competition where students from grades 3-12 compete with machines that they have imagined, designed in Minecraft Education Edition, and created in a fun and competitive forum.
The competitions encourage teamwork and out-of-the-box problem-solving in a fresh learning environment and level playing field. This year's challenge is to use Minecraft to build a wacky machine that will Open & Illuminate a Book.
Through this event, we'll run live streams to help youth learn about the engineering design process as they build their contraptions. Plus, this year’s Digital Rube Goldberg Machine Contest with Minecraft Education Edition is FREE for all teams!
This year's competition is over. Sign up below to get updates for next year's competition!
Congratulations to our 2022 RGMC Big Build Challenge Winners!
- 1st Place: Cube Goldbergers from San Diego, California
- 2nd Place: Mask of Darkness from Greensboro, North Carolina
- 3rd Place: Front Street Boys from Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- Best Last Step: Crazy Aliens from Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- Technical Achievement: Space Shark from Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- 1st Place: Double Triple Torque Cannon from Flemington, New Jersey
- 2nd Place: Gornails Gamers 2.0 from Miami, Florida
- 3rd Place: TNT Clan from Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- Technical Achievement: Izzy and the Marionettes from Winsor, United Kingdom
- 1st Place: Zombie Apocalypse from Glen Rock, New Jersey
How to Videos From 2021 RGMC Big Build Challenge
Here are the live streams from last year that taught how to use Minecraft to build six simple machines.