2020 NASEF MINECRAFT MASTERS GLOBAL COMPETITION CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- SPONSOR These Official Rules (“Rules”) govern the operation of the 2020 North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) 2020 NASEF Minecraft Masters Global Competition (“Contest”). North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF), 2101 E. Pacific Coast Hwy., Suite 300, Corona del Mar, 92625, is the Contest sponsor (“Sponsor”).
- DEFINITIONS In these Rules, "North America Scholastic Esports Federation", "we", "our", and "us" refer to Sponsor and “you” and "yourself" refers to a Contest participant, or the parent/legal guardian of any minor Contest entrant. By entering you (your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor) agree to be bound by these rules.
- ENTRY PERIOD The Contest starts at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) (California, United States) on Monday, June 29, 2020, and ends at 5:00 p.m. PT (California, United States) on August 8, 2020 (“Contest Period”).
The Contest Period consists of an Entry Period, which begins at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT) (California, United States) on Monday, June 29, 2020, and ends at 5:00 p.m. PT (California, United States) on August 8, 2020. Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
- ELIGIBILITY – To enter, your team must be registered by an adult sponsor who is older than 18 years of age. Minors must have consent of a parent or legal guardian to be part of the team. Teams consist of up to four members. Members can be children and youth ages 13-18 years old enrolled in schools in Canada, France, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, United States, United States Territories, and South Africa. Employees and directors of North America Scholastic Esports Federation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, and Contest Parties are not eligible, nor are persons involved in the execution or administration of this promotion, or the family members of each above (parents, children, siblings, spouse/domestic partners, or individuals residing in the same household). Void outside of Canada, France, Japan, Mexico, United Kingdom, United States, United States Territories, and South Africa and where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER To create an entry, register at the NASEF website, create your design in Minecraft Education Edition and submit a video that addresses the individual challenge in Flipgrid for the Preliminary Round. All creations must be created in Minecraft Education Edition using the credentials provided by NASEF. Be one of the four finalist teams that advances to compete in the Live Challenge Rounds and Final Event or compete in the @Home Challenge.
To submit an entry, login to your legally registered Flipgrid account using the credentials provided by NASEF and submit your video on the NASEF Flipgrid.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Minecraft or Flipgrid. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Minecraft or Flipgrid. The information you provide will only be used for administering the Promotion and to contact you if you are a winner, and will not be shared with anyone or any entity.
There is no limit to the numbers of entries. Teams can submit multiple videos per challenge.
We are not responsible for excess, lost, late, or incomplete entries. If disputed, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address, social media account, or other method used to enter.
- ELIGIBLE ENTRY To be eligible, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements: Your entry must be your own original work; and your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated contest such as software, photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others without permission or apparent rights, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of any other person or entity. Your entry shall NOT contain, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on the goodwill of the North America Scholastic Esports Federation and its partners. Under no circumstances shall any entry show by direct, indirect or reflective image of any person whatsoever, and any entry that violates this condition shall be deemed null and void and ineligible.
- USE OF YOUR ENTRY We are not claiming ownership rights to your Submission. However, by submitting an entry, you grant us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content in connection with this Contest and use your entry in any media whatsoever now known or later invented for any non-commercial or commercial purpose, including, but not limited to, the marketing, sale or promotion of North America Scholastic Esports Federation products or services, without further permission from you. You will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules.
By entering you acknowledge that we may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your entry and you waive any claims resulting from any similarities to your entry. Further you understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry and you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under these Rules for copyright or trade secret law.
Your entry may be posted on a public website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. We are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION – At the close of the Preliminary Round, NASEF will name the top 10 Teams based on a rubric and points system by the North America Scholastic Esports Federation or their Agent, subject to proof of meeting all eligibility requirements. The Top Final Teams (4) will advance to the Live Challenges Round (3 Rounds). At the close of the third round of the Live Challenge Rounds, two Finalist Teams will advance to the Final Event.
- PRIZES - Each member of the top ten teams from the Preliminary Round will receive headsets and possibly other items to be determined in the sole discretion of NASEF. The top team from each Round of the Live Challenge Rounds will receive Minecraft LEGO® Creation Sets for each team member and a special mentorship experience with Minecraft Education Education Creative Experts. For the Final Event, the First Place Team will receive Xbox One S and Minecraft: Master Collection Game and Minecraft Story Mode: The Complete Adventure for each team member. The Second Place Team will receive Windows Kano with Minecraft Education Edition. The Third Place Team will receive Minecraft: Guide Collection 4-Book Boxed Set: Exploration; Creative; Redstone; The Nether & the End. The Fourth Place Team will receive the Minecraft LEGO® Creation Set. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prizes shall be permitted, except that the North America Scholastic Esports Federation reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. By accepting a prize, you agree that North America Scholastic Esports Federation may use your entry, name, image and hometown online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- ODDS The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received and the skill of the entrants.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY To the extent allowed by law, by entering you agree to release and hold harmless North America Scholastic Esports Federation and its respective parents, partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising in connection with this Contest or any prize won or any activity herein. All local laws apply. The decisions of North America Scholastic Esports Federation are final and binding.
We reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Contest for any reason, including cheating, technology failure, catastrophe, war or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that affects the integrity of this Contest, whether human or mechanical. If the integrity of the Contest cannot be restored, we may select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest. Rules violators will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and may be banned from participation in this or future North America Scholastic Esports Federation Contests.
- USE OF YOUR ENTRY Personal data you provide while entering this Contest will be used by North America Scholastic Esports Federation and/or its agents and prize fulfillers acting on North America Scholastic Esports Federation’s behalf only for the administration and operation of this Contest and in accordance with the North America Scholastic Esports Federation Privacy Statement.
- GOVERNING LAW This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of California, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of California for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
- WINNERS LIST The winners will be posted online on the North America Scholastic Esports Federation website www.NASEF.org on or about August 31, 2020.
- ACCEPTANCE AND APPROVAL Your entry submittal acknowledges that you have read, understood and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein.
- CONTEST Should you for any reason you contest the results of this contest, or in any way file any claim whatsoever in violation of the waiver of such rights contained herein, you agree to pay all fees and costs of the Sponsor in such actions.