Community Club For Educators - 3/26
NASEF’s education, gaming, and social experts have restructured our always-free environment to ensure that students and families can engage in safe and meaningful ways through our philanthropy and programming.
NASEF is offering educators free online Professional Development opportunity, so that they can explore the possibilities of scholastic esports.
NASEF and its partners will be offering the following sessions for educators. Participation is free. Click the links below to reserve your seat:
- 7:00-7:30am PT | 10:00-10:30am ET: Scholastic Esports: The New Revolution in Learning and Workforce. Join Jorrel Batac, NASEF Esports Scholastic Instructional Coach as he discusses the revolutionary possibilities for K12 esports to democratize gaming, bringing women and people of color equal access, instilling core values of equity AND changing the paradigm of STEM learning with strong outcomes and engaged students. North America Scholastic Esports Federation sees value in video games beyond play alone and offers the only fully credentialed, state-approved curriculum that intertwines esports and education. Register HERE.
- 9:00-10:00am PT | 12:00-1:00pm ET: Piece of Cake!: Using esports as an Ingredient to Level Up Your Curricular Content. Educators and parents are hearing that esports is actually GOOD for students, but they're not quite sure how esports gets into the mix in the classroom. Join Kevin Brown, Esports Program Specialist as he outlines the basic "recipe" for incorporating esports elements into your existing curriculum, and provides a way to work with your peers to quickly ideate, plan and prepare lessons and longer sequences of standards-based curricula, with projects, activities and learning outcomes all determined by YOU, the educator. Once you learn the basic recipe and figure out your ingredients, the rest is a piece of cake! Register HERE.
- 10:30-11:00am PT | 1:30-2:00pm ET: Incorporating esports with Technology for Middle School Students with NASEF Fellow Jodi Mahoney. Come join Jorrel Batac, NASEFs' Scholastic Esports Instructional Coach, in a conversation about scholstic esports with Jodi Mahoney from Carl Von Linne Elementary in Chicago, IL. Register HERE.
- 11:00-12:00pm PT | 2:00-3:00pm ET: Game Design with Gamefroot.com. Gamefroot is an easy to use drag and drop game design platform that allows the developer to create a game in minutes and share their game through the online platform.Visit our Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/nasefedu
- 12:00-1:00pm PT | 3:00-4:00pm ET: Minecraft COVID-19 Challenges. Student Minecraft Challenges in Flipgrid regarding the current global pandemic of COVID-19. Each day a new challenge will be shared. Join us as we release the challenges to the public and share tips, information, how-tos and live-builds. Visit our Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/nasefedu
- 12:00-12:30pm PT | 3:00pm-3:30pm ET: General Managers Network Call. Join your fellow esports General Managers in our weekly network call. Register HERE.
- 1:30-2:00pm PT / 4:30-5:00pm ET: Forming an esports League for Middle School Students with NASEF Fellow J.D. Williams. Come join Jorrel Batac, NASEFs' Scholastic Esports Instructional Coach, in a conversation about scholastic esports with J.D. Williams representing an elementary school in Laveen, AZ. Register HERE.
- 2:00-3:00pm PT | 5:00-6:00pm ET: Scholarships for Scholastic Esports? Learn about NASEF's Beyond the Game Challenges. NASEF's Beyond the Game Challenges provide students an opportunity to explore different careers with the field of esports. We announced 14 Challenges this spring, ranging from creating fandom art, analyzing game play, creating marketing plans and more. Join Kevin Brown, NASEF Esports Program Specialist and Tyler Cicciarelli, NASEF Esports Ambassador as they break down the Challenges and provides some strategies for success. This session is designed for educators, but students are also encouraged to attend. Register HERE.
- 3:30-4:00pm PT | 6:30pm-7:00pm ET: General Managers Network Call. Join your fellow esports General Managers in our weekly network call. Register HERE.
Participation is open to all educators, administrators, executive directors, program managers and parents.
We will be using Zoom to host the virtual meetings. We hope to have them be interactive, so please join via your webcam and audio.