NASEF announces education-focused collaboration with British Esports Association
NASEF and the British Esports Association have signed a Memorandum of Understanding in order to multiply the positive impact of the two organizations on the life and career education of youth around the world.
You may read the press release of this announcement here.
NASEF and British Esports are leveraging esports as a platform for students to do much more than play video games competitively.
On opposite sides of the world, both NASEF and the British Esports Association are teaching young people STEM skills, giving insight into various career possibilities, as well as helping them develop personally and emotionally - all in the environment of competitive esports tournaments, teams, classes, and clubs.
Through the new partnership, the following activities will be implemented in North America and the United Kingdom:
- Share scholastic approaches and educational programming, including curriculum development and learning about all aspects of the esports ecosystem
- Jointly develop content for an online student learning program
- Develop coaching manual for prospective esports coaches
- Establish an exchange program for coaches, esports managers and teachers
- Set new standards for the scholastic esports community
- Create joint competitions, incorporating traditional gamers but featuring a strong focus on diversity and inclusivity
- Share Beyond the Game challenges which emphasize the career aspects of esports
- Engage in worldwide events through joint participation
- Serve on each other’s boards to provide a broad international perspective
We're excited about the opportunity for our students in North America to make friends "across the pond" through their shared interest of esports. Please visit this page for future updates on this partnership.
Women in Esports Campaign
The British Esports Association and NASEF share a vision of introducing more women into the world of esports.
For more resources, review the following pages:
About the British Esports Association
The British Esports Association is a not-for-profit organization established in 2016 to support and promote esports in the UK.
As a national body, its aims are to foster future British talent, increase the awareness of esports and provide expertise and advice. It’s focused on the grassroots level of esports and is not a governing body.
The Association helps educate the masses – including parents, teachers, media and government – around what esports is and what its benefits are. Its three goals are to Promote, Improve and Inspire.
To learn more information about the British Esports Association, please visit their website at https://britishesports.org/.